Sunday, August 15, 2004

I'm still here



As we all know, the storm made a little detour at the last minute. Being this would have been my first hurricane every having to personally experience, I was very scared, but felt blessed as the storm changed its track. But I realized how bad it was for the citizens of Punta Gorda and Charlotte County, as they were less prepared for the storm as we were. There was simply no time for people to evacuate. The damage is breathtaking. And this storm was really a monster!! After making landfall as a category 4, it still had enough punch that it cause major damage in Polk County and the city of Orlando!! Meaning it was on land for about 6 hours or so (and i'm guestimating) and still was strong. At a certain point I feel so guilty and seeing all this incredible damage in other places, when in fact it was supposed to be my home, my neighborhood, my city. I shouldn't have power right now. But we're really not out the woods yet as there are two more storms brewing out in the Atlantic.

I pray for a speedy recovery for all those affected by Hurricane Charley

No comments: