Monday, September 27, 2004

I survived Jeanne

Well I can say that it wasn't as bad as I thought. Power went off about 8:20am Sunday morning as expected. The funny part about that was I was talking to someone on AIM, and was like "yea I'm just waiting for the power to go out"....10 seconds later *POOF*. Power finally came back on about 4pm today (Monday). When the power went out the storm was in the neighboring county to the east, the rain had been going for a few hours and the wind was picking up. I just sat at the desk and watched this huge oak tree sway back and forth. It scared me enough to where I made myself an area in the closet and got some sleep. It got hot so I ended up in the bed. It was still cool in the house so it wasnt bad. I ended up working lastnite which wasnt bad, I didnt have to sit in the dark at home. some minor damage there, the mesh covering in the garden center was ripped off and that's about it. I've lost all my food in the fridge again so that's something I have to work with. When I drove to my mother's house, you can go down any given road and see downed tree limbs, here and there some huge trees are uprooted. Polk county got it really bad (again).

I never realized how important having electricity is to me (and internet)

No comments: